These Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes are smooth, rich, and the chocolate lovers dream! They’re made with an Oreo cookie crust and topped with chocolate ganache, and homemade chocolate whipped cream!
- 1 C. Oreo crumbs- 12 Oreos ground in a blender or food processor is the perfect amount
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 12oz. (1.5 blocks) cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ C. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ C. sour cream
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 4oz. chocolate, melted- I like Ghiradelli 60% Bittersweet
- ½ C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ C. heavy whipping cream
Chocolate Whipped Cream:
- ¾ C. heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
How To Make Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes
- Preheat oven to 325℉ and line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Stir together Oreo crumbs and melted butter. Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 cupcake liners and press into the bottoms. A shot glass works great for this.
- Bake the crusts for 5 minutes, then let cool while you make the cheesecake filling.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300℉. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the cream cheese, sugar, cocoa powder, and sour cream, and vanilla until smooth, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each. Mix in the melted chocolate. Mix everything at a low speed to prevent the cheesecakes from cracking.
- Fill the cupcake cups with the cheesecake filling until mostly full. I like to use an ice cream scoop for this.
- Bake cheesecakes for 15 minutes, then turn off the oven and bake another 10 minutes, leaving the oven door closed the entire time. Crack the oven door and leave the cheesecakes in the oven for another 15 minutes to start cooling, then take them out of the oven and put them in the fridge to finish cooling.
- To make the chocolate ganache, warm the heavy cream in the microwave until warm, then stir together with the chocolate chips until smooth. Spoon about ½ Tbsp. of ganache on top of each cheesecake.
- To make the whipped cream, add the heavy cream, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla to a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spoon or pipe the whipped cream onto the top of each cheesecake. Top with chocolate shavings, chocolate curls, or chocolate sprinkles!
- This recipe makes 12 Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes. Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 4-5 days.
If you love these mini chocolate cheesecakes you’ll love this one too!
[…] Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes! […]