The Best Deviled Eggs are perfect for Easter or other holiday dinners, potlucks, BBQ’s, and more! They’re deliciously creamy and perfectly seasoned. They’re super easy to throw together and they turn out perfect every time!
Tips and Variations For This Recipe
- I find that the best way to peel hard boiled eggs is to immediately run them under cold water after removing them from the heat, wait for them to cool a bit, then tap them all over and peel the shell off under running water.
- Experiment with toppings! Add and experiment with different toppings to put a fun spin on things. Some examples are chives, bacon bits, everything but the bagel seasoning, or a little slice of dill pickle!
What You Will Need
- 6 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1½ tsp. yellow or dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- paprika, for garnish
How To Make The Best Deviled Eggs
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and place over high heat. Bring to a boil, then gently add the 6 eggs to the boiling water. Boil the eggs for 15 minutes, then remove from the heat and run cold water over the eggs for about 5 minutes. You can add ice to the water to speed up the cooling process if desired.
- After the eggs have mostly cooled, peel them *see my tip for peeling above* and dry them off with a paper towel. Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and pop out the yolks. Place all the yolks in a small bowl.
- Mash the yolks up with a fork and add the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, and salt and pepper. Stir until everything is completely incorporated.
- Use a spoon to scoop the egg mixture back into each of the egg whites. Sprinkle on paprika for garnish. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Check out some of my other Easter recipes as well!