This Bread Machine White Bread recipe makes the most soft and fluffy homemade bread! Just dump all of the ingredients into your bread machine and let it do the work! Perfect for sandwiches and toast, or just lather it up with butter and jam!
Tips and Variations For This Recipe
- You don’t HAVE to have a bread machine to enjoy homemade bread! Just mix up the ingredients and rise and bake the dough like any other bread recipe.
- My bread machine instructs to add in the wet ingredients first, then all the dry ingredients, and top with the yeast. Follow the instructions for your specific bread machine.
- To avoid a hole in the bottom of your loaf from the paddle, remove the paddle before the machine’s first rise cycle.
- I use Fleischmann’s Bread Machine Yeast in my bread machine, but you can also use Instant Yeast. I have not yet tried to use active dry yeast, but I’ve read some recipes where you can use it, the steps are just slightly different, so do your research.
What You Will Need
- ½ C. milk, microwave for 10-12 seconds to take the chill out
- ⅓ C. lukewarm water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ C. granulated sugar
- ¼ C. butter, softened
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3¼ C. bread flour
- 2 tsp. bread machine yeast *linked above*
How To Make Bread Machine White Bread
- Be sure the paddle is fitted in the bread machine pan, then add the milk, water, egg, butter, and sugar.
- Add the flour and salt to the pan. Then, with your finger or a spoon, make a small crater in the flour to pour the yeast into. Add in the yeast. You want to be sure the yeast doesn’t directly touch the wet ingredients.
- Set the bread machine to either the white bread setting or the sweet bread setting for a 1.5lb. loaf (750g). Select the desired crust color. I use the sweet bread setting and medium crust color. Press start and let it go! Approximately 3 hours later you will have a fresh baked loaf of bread!
This Bread Machine White Bread goes wonderfully with my Strawberry Freezer Jam!