This Blueberry Streusel Muffin recipe will soon be your favorite breakfast to make! Super soft muffins packed with fresh juicy blueberries and topped with a buttery streusel crumb topping. Delicious! If you’re looking for a classic blueberry muffin recipe check out my recipe for The Best Blueberry Muffins.
Tips and Variations For This Recipe
- My favorite tip for this recipe is that the blueberries don’t have to be super fresh. If you have some blueberries that are a little too sad to eat plain, but not garbage-worthy yet, throw them in some muffins! You can also use frozen blueberries!
- This recipe calls for buttermilk. If you don’t have buttermilk you can add 1 Tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to the cup of milk and let it sit for 5 minutes. It would also work just fine to use plain milk in place of buttermilk.
- Coating the blueberries in flour is very important to distribute the blueberries evenly. If you don’t, all the blueberries will sink to the bottom of the muffins.
What You Will Need
- ½ C. butter, softened
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 C. buttermilk
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2¼ C. all purpose flour
- 2 C. fresh blueberries + 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 C. all purpose flour
- ¾ C. sugar
- ½ C. butter, melted
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
How To Make Blueberry Streusel Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and line a muffin pan with paper liners. In the bowl of a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, cream together the softened butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in the eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk and mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Mix in the baking powder, salt, and flour until just combined. In a small bowl stir together the blueberries and 2 Tablespoons of flour until all the blueberries are evenly coated. Pour the blueberries into the batter and gently fold them in until they’re distributed evenly.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the muffin batter into each lined muffin cup. In a small bowl, stir together all of the ingredients for the streusel topping until it resembles wet sand. Sprinkle the topping on each muffin to generously cover it. Repeat over each muffin.
- Bake the muffins for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The topping should be a nice light golden brown. Remove from the pan and let cool on a cooling rack.This recipe yields 15-17 muffins, depending on their size.
If you love this Blueberry Streusel Muffin recipe, you’ll also love these!