Whip-up this crowd friendly snack with this recipe for Homemade Chex Mix! Chex cereal, pretzels, and peanuts make up this super simple New Years salty snack!
Tips and Variations For This Recipe
- Use any combination of Chex cereal. Rice, Corn, Wheat or my favorite, Crispix.
- Cook in the slow cooker! You can bake this recipe in the oven as instructed below, or you can throw it all in your Crock Pot instead. Cook on low heat for 3-4 hours, stirring every 45 minutes.
- Use what you like! I have some basic ingredients listed, but use whatever you like! Add in other crackers like Cheez-Its, goldfish, other types of nuts..so many options! I also have a recipe for Ranch Snack Mix that is delicious and perfectly ranch-y!
What You Will Need
- 9 C. Chex cereal or Crispix- see note above
- 1 C. dry roasted peanuts
- 1½ C. pretzels
- 1 C. Gardetto’s garlic rye chips
- ½ C. butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ tsp. Lawry’s seasoning salt
- ¾ tsp. garlic powder
- ¾ tsp. onion powder
How To Make Homemade Chex Mix
- Preheat oven to 250℉. In a large mixing bowl stir together the cereal, pretzels, peanuts, rye chips, and any other crackers you like.
- In another bowl or a glass measuring cup stir together the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, and seasonings. Pour the mixture over the prepared dry ingredients and stir slowly until everything is fully coated in the butter mixture.
- Pour the Chex mix onto a large cookie sheet with edges or in a roaster pan like this (a roaster pan makes it much easier to stir during the baking process.) Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Let cool, then enjoy! Store homemade Chex mix in an air tight container or bag for up to a week.
If you need more appetizer and snack ideas, check these recipes out as well!