Enjoy this at-home Peppermint Mocha recipe this Christmas season! It’s super quick and easy to make and you can use whatever form of brewed coffee you prefer, whether it’s French press, drip coffee, or quality espresso!
Tips and Variations For This Recipe
- Don’t like peppermint? Make it a classic mocha instead, by just omitting the peppermint extract!
- Coffee options- Use whatever type of hot coffee you typically make at home! Have a Keurig? Brew a K-cup over the brown sugar and cocoa powder. Prefer espresso? Pull your shots on top of the brown sugar and cocoa. This recipe is super versatile, so use whatever you like best!
- Add a shot of cream for an even more rich flavor! I love adding just 1-2 Tablespoons of sweet cream to my peppermint mocha. It gives it an added richness that’s almost like hot cocoa. 😋
What You Will Need
- 2-3 Tbsp. brown sugar, adjust to your preferred level of sweetness
- 1½ Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 cup of fresh brewed coffee of your choice
- ½ C. milk, adjust to your preferred level of sweetness
- 2-3 drops peppermint extract
- whipped cream, optional
How To Make Peppermint Mocha
- In the bottom of a coffee mug, add the brown sugar and cocoa powder. Adjust the amounts to your preferred level of sweetness, but I think the amounts listed above are perfect. Then, brew your coffee or espresso shots directly on top of the brown sugar and cocoa powder. Stir it well when done brewing.
- Steam ½ cup of milk in the microwave for 30-45 seconds and froth if desired. Add 2-3 DROPS (it doesn’t take much to make it very strong) of peppermint extract to the brewed coffee and stir well. Slowly pour in the steamed milk.
- Top with whipped cream and crushed candy cane pieces if desired. My homemade peppermint whipped cream is perfect for this, or there’s also a store-bought version available at Target! Just like that you have a quick and easy peppermint mocha at home and I think it’s way better than Starbucks!