Fresh baked bread is one of the most wonderful things! These Homemade Hoagie Rolls are perfect for my Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches or classic sub-sandwiches!
What You Will Need
- 1½ C. warm water
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar or honey
- 1 pkt. instant rapid rise yeast
- 3¾ C. all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. cold butter
How To Make Homemade Hoagie Rolls
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Whisk together and let sit for 5-10 minutes to foam up.
- With the dough hook attachment, knead in the flour for 3-4 minutes on low speed. Then, add in the salt and continue kneading for 3 more minutes. Add in the cold butter one tablespoon at a time, mixing until it is fully incorporated between each addition, 2-3 minutes each.
- Cover the bowl with a tea towel and let the dough rise in a warm spot for 2-3 hours. After rising, dump the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into eight equal pieces. Shape each piece into a long hot dog bun shape and place on a greased cookie sheet. Cover and let rise another 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375℉ and score a single line from end to end on each roll, using a bread lame or a razor blade. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until the rolls are a medium golden brown color on top. Let cool and then slice and serve. Store in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
If you love these Homemade Hoagie Rolls try these other bread recipes as well!