If you need a simple dinner idea, these Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches with an au jus sauce are a great choice. Just dump everything in your Crock Pot and let it cook all day and you’ve got a delicious dinner with minimal effort! These sandwiches on my Homemade Hoagie Rolls are perfection!
What You Will Need
- 1- 2-3lb. chuck roast
- 32oz. or 4 C. beef broth
- 2 pkts. Lipton onion soup mix
- salt and pepper, to taste
- provolone cheese slices
- hoagie rolls
How To Make Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Place the chuck roast into the bottom of a slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle on both packets of the onion soup mix, then pour the beef broth over the roast. Set Crock Pot to low and cook for 8-10 hours.
- When the roast is fully cooked after 8-10 hours, remove it from the pot and shred with two forks. Place hoagie rolls onto a cookie sheet, top with slices of provolone cheese, and broil in the oven for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is mostly melted.
- Fill each sandwich with the desired amount of meat. Spoon the broth out of the slow cooker to dip the sandwiches into. Enjoy! A 2-3lb. roast should yield approximately 5-6 large sandwiches.
If you love these Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches, check out these other slow cooker recipes! Perfect for busy weeknights!