These Mummy Rice Krispie Treats are such a fun Halloween treat! They use a traditional Rice Krispie Treat Recipe (or buy them pre-made to make this recipe even faster), then drizzle on white chocolate and top with candy eyes! Try these out for this year’s Halloween parties!
What You Will Need
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1-16oz. bag mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 C. Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 C. white chocolate chips, or candy melts
- Candy eyes
How To Make Mummy Rice Krispie Treats
- Grease a 9″x13″ cookie sheet. Set aside. In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, reduce the heat to low and add in all but 1½ C. of the mini marshmallows. Stir consistently until the marshmallows melt completely. The mixture should be smooth with no lumps.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Gently stir in the cereal and the remaining marshmallows until just combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press the mixture gently with your fingers to evenly spread the treats. Let cool completely for about 1-2 hours.
- Gently dump the pan upside down onto a cutting board, use a butter knife to gently loosen the Rice Krispie Treats until they come out of the pan in one large piece. Cut the treats into 10-12 rectangle pieces.
- Melt white chocolate chips or candy melts in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between each, until smooth. If using chocolate chips, you may want to add a couple teaspoons of coconut oil to thin out the chocolate enough to drizzle it.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over the Rice Krispie treats in a random zig-zag pattern to look like mummy wrap. Dab a little bit of white chocolate in the center of the treat half an inch from the top and stick on two candy eyes. Repeat with additional Rice Krispie treats. Allow the treats to fully dry and harden, then enjoy!
With fun recipes like these Mummy Rice Krispie Treats and my Halloween Spider Cookies, I really encourage getting your kids, grandkids, or nieces and nephews involved! Let it be messy and imperfect and create those fun memories!