These soft Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies contain all of the wonderful flavors of fall. They start with a gooey oatmeal cookie base, then add warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, and what puts these over the top is the chunks of fresh apple and chewy caramel bits! Like apple crisp in cookie form…with caramel!
- ¾ C. (1½ sticks) butter, softened
- ½ C. granulated sugar
- 1 C. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1½ C. flour
- 1¾ C. old fashion oats
- 1 C. Kraft Caramel Bits
- 1 large or 2 small fresh apples, peeled and diced
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and grease a cookie sheet with non-stick spray. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or with a hand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until incorporated.
- Mix in the cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking powder, baking soda, flour and oats. Stir in the fresh apple and caramel bits until well incorporated. Scoop large ¼ C. scoops of the cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheet 2-inches apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Let cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.
- These are so good when they’re still slightly warm! This recipe yields 18-30 3-inch Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
If you love this recipe check out these as well!