These Harry Potter Butterbeer Cookies will take you right into the wizarding world! These chewy cookies are filled with butterscotch flavor, topped with a butterscotch whipped cream frosting, and drizzled with butterbeer caramel. Perfect for your next Harry Potter marathon!
- ¾ C. (1½ sticks) butter, softened
- ¾ C. brown sugar
- ¼ C. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. butter extract
- ¼ C. butterscotch chips, melted
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 C. flour
- ½ C. butterscotch chips
Butterscotch Whipped Cream Frosting
- 2 C. heavy whipping cream
- ½ C. butterscotch chips, melted
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- 12oz. cream soda
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream
How To Make Butterbeer Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350℉. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until fluffy. Add in the eggs, vanilla, butter extract, and melted butterscotch chips. Mix until combined.
- Add in the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour. Stir in the butterscotch chips. Scoop the dough in 2 Tbsp. scoops onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 11-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- To make the frosting, whip 2 cups of heavy cream until it starts to thicken slightly. Add in the powdered sugar and mix on a high speed until peaks form. Gently stir in the melted butterscotch chips.
- To make the butterbeer caramel, add a 12oz. can of cream soda to a small saucepan over medium heat. Let the cream soda simmer until it starts to thicken and turns a deep brown color (10-15 minutes total). Turn the heat to low and stir in 3 Tbsp. of butter and 3 Tbsp. of heavy cream. Continue to simmer for another minute or two. Cool completely- you can do this quickly by setting the pot in a couple inches of ice water in a large bowl or in your sink.
- Frost the cookies, then drizzle with the caramel sauce. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. This recipe makes approximately 18 cookies.
If you need another snack for your Harry Potter marathon to go with these Harry Potter Butterbeer Cookies, try out this Ranch Snack Mix!
Or another butterscotch flavored treat… Scotcheroos!