This is the best Homemade Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie! A classic cookie dough, loaded with chocolate chips and baked to ooey-gooey perfection! Top the warm cookie with vanilla ice cream, grab a spoon, and dive right in to this irresistible dessert!
- 10in. or 12in. Cast Iron Skillet
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ½ C. brown sugar
- ½ C. granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1¼ C. all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1½ C. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and lightly grease a 10in. or 12in. cast iron skillet.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Cream together until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla and combine.
- Slowly mix in the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir in the chocolate chips, leaving out a handful for the top of the cookie.
- Spread the cookie dough evenly into the cast iron skillet. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top of the dough, if desired. Bake for 20-22 minutes. You will want it to look a little bit under-baked as it will continue to cook slightly in the skillet.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!
If you love this Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie you will love these other recipes as well!
Or try this skillet cookie with my Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream!