This Lemon Muffins recipe is a perfect way to start the day, or as an afternoon pick-me-up. They have the most amazing lemon flavor and are perfectly soft on the inside with the slightest crispiness on the outside. Such a fun recipe for the spring and summer months!
- 2 eggs
- ¾ C. buttermilk
- ½ C. vegetable oil
- ¼ C. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 1 3.4oz instant lemon pudding mix
- 2½ C. all purpose flour
- 1½ C. granulated sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the eggs, buttermilk, oil, lemon juice, and lemon extract. Mix on low speed until just incorporated.
- Add the lemon pudding mix, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined. The batter will be thick.
- Fill the muffin cups full to the tops and bake for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in the pan.
- To make the glaze, stir together powdered sugar and lemon juice and drizzle across the tops of the muffins. You can add more or less lemon juice depending on how thick you want your glaze. This recipe makes 12 Lemon Muffins.
If you enjoyed this Lemon Muffin recipe, check out my recipe for The Best Blueberry Muffins!