Who doesn’t love pancakes?! These are the fluffiest Buttermilk Pancakes and so easy to throw together for the perfect weekend breakfast or weeknight dinner! Serve with fresh berries, honey, or maple syrup!
- 2¼ C. all purpose flour
- ½ C. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅓ C. butter, melted
- 1½ C. buttermilk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Preheat an electric griddle to 375℉ or a skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, or I like using my Pyrex 8 Cup Measuring Cup, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add in the melted butter, buttermilk, vanilla extract, and eggs. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined. The batter will be thick. If you find it to be too thick, add a few more tablespoons of milk or buttermilk until it is your desired consistency.
- Spray the griddle or skillet with non-stick spray before pouring each pancake. Pour ⅓ C. of the batter onto the hot pan. When bubbles start to appear all over the surface, flip the pancake. Allow to cook evenly on both sides, approximately 30-40 seconds on each side, or until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter. This recipe makes 12-15 5-inch pancakes.
- Serve Buttermilk Pancakes warm with butter and syrup or your favorite toppings! I like making a big batch of these on the weekend and then using them for quick breakfasts during the week!
More yummy breakfast ideas!