This Pizza Braid is a fun twist on classic homemade pizza! Customize it with your favorite pizza toppings and you have a super easy and delicious dinner ready to go!
- Pizza crust mix- I like this one because you just add hot water. You can also use a pre-made refrigerated crust like this
- ½ C. pizza sauce, more for dipping is optional
- ½ lb. ground beef or sausage, cooked
- 2 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Add whatever other pizza toppings you like! I shared some different variations down below.
- ½ tsp. pizza seasoning or Italian seasoning
How To Make Pizza Braid
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Prepare the pizza crust according to the package instructions, or unroll the refrigerated pizza dough. Push the dough into a big rectangle on a lightly greased cookie sheet (you could also line the baking sheet with parchment paper). Using a pizza cutter, cut strips a few inches into each side of the dough, leaving 3-4 inches of space in the center for toppings.
- In the center of the dough, spread ½ C. pizza sauce. Top the sauce with the ground beef or sausage and then with the cheese. Add more or less toppings as desired.
- Starting at the top, pull the strips of dough across and over the toppings, alternating sides to create a braided look. Slightly pinch the ends of the braid together so the toppings don’t fall out.
- Sprinkle the braid with pizza seasoning or Italian seasoning, then bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Slice and serve with additional pizza sauce for dipping. This recipe makes 1 Pizza Braid or approximately 4 servings.
Try these variations of pizza in a pizza braid!
Taco Pizza- Use taco meat, refried beans, salsa, lettuce, cheese, and crushed Doritos
BBQ Chicken Pizza- Use bbq sauce, shredded chicken, and red onions
Hawaiian Pizza- Use Canadian bacon and pineapple chunks
Breakfast Pizza Braid- Use cheese sauce, scrambled eggs, cheese, and bacon or sausage
Here’s a few more of my braided bread recipes!