Amish friendship bread is so soft and fluffy! It’s made with no starter and filled and topped with the most perfect cinnamon sugar mixture! Serve warm with a bit of butter and you have the best cinnamon treat!
- 1 C. butter, softened
- 2⅔ C. granulated sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 C. buttermilk
- 4 C. all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and grease 2 loaf pans with non-stick spray or butter.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the softened butter, 2 C. of sugar, and the eggs until creamy. Add in the buttermilk. Add the flour and baking soda and mix until combined.
- In a small bowl stir together the remaining ⅔ C. of sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon.
- Spread ¼ of the batter in the bottom of each of the loaf pans, then sprinkle ¼ of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the batter in each pan. Spread the remaining batter over the top of the sugar mixture in each pan and top with the remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaves comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for a couple minutes, then transfer Amish Friendship Bread to a wire rack to completely cool. Slice and serve with a little bit of butter!
If you love this Amish Friendship Bread check out these other cinnamon-filled recipes as well!