This Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork is so good! Slow cooking the pork in Dr. Pepper and BBQ sauce tenderizes the meat while infusing it with the perfect barbecue flavor. It’s a super easy dinner to throw in the Crock Pot in the morning on a busy day!
- 1- 2-3lb Pork Roast- I use a pork ribeye roast, a pork loin would also work
- 1 can Dr. Pepper
- 1 C. BBQ sauce, our favorite is Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey BBQ
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. minced garlic or garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- hamburger buns, for serving
- In the bottom of your Crock Pot, place the pork roast. On top of the roast, sprinkle the paprika, onion powder, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Pour ½-¾ of the can of Dr. Pepper over the pork. If your roast is larger than 3lbs. go ahead and use the entire can of soda. Top with BBQ sauce and the brown sugar.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- About an hour before you’re ready to serve, shred the meat with a fork. If there’s a lot of excess liquid, you can spoon some out. For the last hour, I like to leave the lid off the Crock Pot so that some of the extra liquid can cook off, but it’s still soaking in the flavor.
- Serve on hamburger buns with more BBQ sauce if desired. We like the King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls! You could also serve Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork in tacos or on top of baked potatoes! 2-3lbs of pork will make approximately 8-10 servings.
If you love Crock Pot recipes, check out my Easy Crock Pot Potato Soup!