Rice Krispie Treats are a classic! So simple and quick to throw together, made with Rice Krispies cereal and marshmallows!
- 6 Tbsp. salted butter
- 1-16 oz. bag mini marshmallows- Jet-Puffed is the best!
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 C. Rice Krispies cereal
- Line an 8″x8″ or 9″x13″ baking pan (an 8″x8″ pan will yield fewer, thicker Rice Krispie Treats) with parchment paper, then grease with cooking spray or butter. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, reduce the heat to low and add in all but 1½ C. of the mini marshmallows. Stir consistently until the marshmallows melt completely. The mixture should be smooth with no lumps.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. (Vanilla Extract in Rice Krispie Treats really brings out the flavor of the marshmallow!) Add the cereal and the remaining marshmallows, gently stirring until just combined. You’ll want to work pretty quickly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Press GENTLY with your fingertips to fully spread the treats into the pan. The harder you pack them in, the harder they will be after they set. Tip: To prevent the mixture from sticking to your fingers when you’re spreading it in the pan, just run your fingers under cold water as needed!
- Allow Rice Krispie Treats to set for at least an hour, then cut and serve! These are the best!
More easy dessert recipes: