These are the BEST Bakery-Style Chocolate Chunk Cookies! They’re perfectly thick with a soft gooey center!
- 1 C. butter, softened
- ½ C. granulated sugar
- ¾ C. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2¼ C. all purpose flour
- 2 bars high quality baking chocolate- like this Ghirardelli baking chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350℉. In a large bowl, gently stir together the baking powder, baking soda, corn starch, salt, and flour. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine softened butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. With a silicone spatula, fold in the chopped chocolate chunks.
- Spoon ¼ C. size scoops of cookie dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake cookies at 350℉ for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Bakery-Style Chocolate Chunk Cookies are the best straight out of the oven!
If you’re looking for more of a crispy chocolate chip cookie, here’s my recipe!
More yummy cookie recipes: