Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits is a delicious twist on a classic chicken pot pie. A vegetable filled gravy base, topped with homemade biscuits. The ultimate comfort food!
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 C. cooked chicken- rotisserie chicken is my favorite, but you can use leftover chicken or just pan fry a couple chicken breasts before you get started
- 16oz. bag frozen peas and carrots- I normally throw in whatever leftover veggies I have in my fridge as well
- 1 C. corn- canned or frozen
- 1 russet potato, chopped- peeled or unpeeled
- ¼ C. flour
- 2½ C. chicken broth
- ¾ C. milk or half and half
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6-8 biscuits (here’s my recipe), you can always use a can of biscuits as well, but homemade is so worth it!
**I make Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits in my Dutch Oven, so that I can start the recipe on the stove top and then put the entire thing in the oven in the same pot, but a cast iron skillet would work well too. If you don’t have either, cook the filling in a skillet on the stove and transfer it to a 9×13 baking dish to bake.**
How to make Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
- In a dutch oven or cast iron skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add the chopped onion and sauté until translucent, 3-4 minutes. Stir in vegetables and potato and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until the potato starts to get soft. (This is when I mix up my biscuit dough)
2. Sprinkle ¼ C. flour over the veggies, and stir until the flour is dissolved. Slowly add in the chicken broth and milk. Add the chicken and salt and pepper.
3. Simmer the gravy mixture on the stove for 5-10 minutes. Top with uncooked biscuits. Bake at 400℉ for 20-25 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown. Serve immediately. Enjoy!