Peppermint Whipped Cream is such a yummy Christmas treat, and just four ingredients! Use it to top your hot chocolate, coffee, or favorite dessert!
- 1 C. heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- ¾ tsp. peppermint extract
- red food coloring
- You will get the best results for peppermint whipped cream if the bowl and beaters are very cold, so before you start, stick them both in the freezer or fridge for at least an hour. Avoid using a plastic bowl if possible. You will also want to leave the heavy whipping cream in the fridge until just before you’re ready to pour it into the bowl.
- Pour the cold heavy cream into the cold bowl and mix with a hand mixer on high speed until it starts to thicken, approximately 2-3 minutes. Once it starts to thicken, add in the powdered sugar one tablespoon at a time and continue beating on high speed. Make sure to not mix the cream too long or it will turn into a butter consistency.
- Once the powdered sugar is combined, add in the peppermint extract and the red food coloring. Serve right away or store in the fridge.
My latest Christmas recipe: