Say hello to Holiday baking with these yummy cut-out sugar cookies! They hold their shape wonderfully and have the perfect sugar cookie taste!
- 1½ sticks butter, softened
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2½ C. flour
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix until well combined. Next, stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. This recipe also works fine without chilling the dough, I think it works a little better if it chills for just a little bit.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and cut with cookie cutters. Place cookies on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 325℉ for about 15 minutes.
- These cookies spread just a tiny bit but hold their shape well. Frost and decorate with your favorite frosting (I typically use Betty Crocker Vanilla Frosting for the convenience). Makes approximately 35-40 cut-out sugar cookies depending on the size of your cookie cutters.
Here’s some more of my favorite cookie recipes!
I also have a yummy Royal Icing recipe if you’re feeling adventurous!