To conclude my Thanksgiving recipes this year, I’m sharing Instant Pot Mac and Cheese! This is perfect for a Thanksgiving side because it’s done in the Instant Pot, so you don’t have to have another dish to try to fit into the oven! Instant Pot Mac and Cheese is creamy, cheesy, deliciousness and it’s done in no time at all!
- 4 C. dry elbow macaroni
- 4 C. water
- 2 Tbsp. butter,
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1½ C. milk, half and half works well too
- 2-3 C. shredded cheese (I like a mix of Monterrey Jack and Cheddar), freshly grated will give you the best results
- In the bottom of your Instant Pot, place the uncooked elbow macaroni and 4 C. of water. Make sure all the pasta is covered by water. Add the butter and salt and pepper on top of the pasta.
- Secure the lid, set the vent to sealed, and cook on manual high pressure for 3 minutes. Once the cook time is up, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then finish with a quick release.
- Remove the lid and gently stir the macaroni to loosen it up. Stir in the grated cheese in small increments until completely melted, then slowly stir in the milk or half and half. From here, the macaroni should be creamy. Add more cheese or milk as desired. Serve immediately.
My other Thanksgiving recipes:
This is the Instant Pot I have!
If you make any of the recipes here on Just The Recipe, be sure to take a picture and tag me on Instagram @justtherecipe.blog! I’d love to see what you’re up to in the kitchen!