Homemade Red Hot Applesauce is such a yummy fall treat! It puts a fun spin on classic cinnamon applesauce, and is done in no time in the Instant Pot!
- Apples- I use a combination of Honeycrisp and Cortland apples. I get them from a local orchard so they are huge! Probably 6-7lbs. 10-12 apples total.
- ¾ C. water
- ¼ C. granulated sugar
- 1 C. Red Hots candy
- Wash apples, peel, and cut into 1-inch pieces. Here’s a link to my peeler.
- Put cut up apples into the inner pot of your Instant Pot. Add in ¾ of a cup of water. Lock the lid on your pressure cooker and make sure the valve is set to seal. Pressure cook on normal pressure for 5 minutes, then let the pressure naturally release. (You can also cook the apples down on the stove the same way!)
- Once the pressure has released, set the Instant Pot to sauté. Add in the granulated sugar and the Red Hot candies, stirring constantly. Keep stirring until the candies have completely dissolved. You can taste it now to see if you prefer more Red Hots or more sugar!
- If you prefer your applesauce to be completely smooth, you can now add it into a food processor or a blender and blend it to your desired consistency. You could also use an immersion blender right in the Instant Pot! Pour the Red Hot Applesauce into jars or containers and let cool to room temperature before refrigerating or freezing.
*This same method will work for making regular applesauce as well. Just don’t add the Red Hot candies and add sugar and cinnamon to your liking!*
Here is another one of my favorite fall recipes, Pumpkin Bars!