Hi everybody! I’m finally back to posting after taking a month or so off after lots of morning sickness and moving twice! These Halloween Spider Cookies, or “Cookie Spiders” as my three-year-old calls them, are such a fun treat to make with your little ones!
- ½ C. granulated sugar
- ½ C. brown sugar
- ¼ C. butter, softened
- ¼ C. shortening
- ½ C. creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1½ C. flour
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- sugar for rolling
- 1 bag (10.5oz.) Reese’s miniature cups
- candy eyes
- ½ C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Mix sugar, brown sugar, butter, shortening, peanut butter, and an egg in a stand mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and baking baking powder. Once combined, mold dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar just until they are coated. Set 2-inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. As soon as they come out of the oven press Reese’s cups firmly, upside-down, into the center of the cookies. Carefully press the candy eyes into the sides of the peanut butter cup while they are still soft. If you push too hard the peanut butter cups will slide around and lose their shape, so careful is key! Put the cookies in the fridge for about 30min. to set the chocolate.
- Measure ½ C. chocolate chips in a ziplock bag and microwave in 20-second intervals until melted.
- Cut a TINY piece off the corner of the ziplock bag so that you can squeeze the chocolate out. Pipe 8 legs onto each cookie on either side of the peanut butter cup. Enjoy! Get your kids involved in this one, it’s now a tradition every October at our house!