Cherry Pie Bars are the perfect end-of-summer dessert for when you’re craving fall but we’re not quite there yet! A thick shortbread-like crust, spread with cherry pie filling, topped with dollops of more buttery shortbread, and finally, drizzled with a powdered sugar glaze that adds just the right amount of sweetness!
- 1 C. butter
- 2 C. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 C. flour
- 1-21oz. can cherry pie filling (this is my favorite!)- you could also use any other kind of pie filling you like, or half and half! Besides cherry, my favorite would be blueberry!
Powdered Sugar Glaze:
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-3 tsp. milk
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter, sugar, salt, and eggs. Mix in vanilla.
- Add in flour, a little bit at a time, until fully combined.
- Spread 3 C. of the batter evenly into a greased 13″x18″ cookie sheet. Spread the whole can of pie filling on top of of the batter. Drop the rest of the batter by spoonfuls on top of pie filling.
- Bake at 350℉ for approximately 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the bars are baking, stir together powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk to make the glaze. Let the bars cool for about 10 minutes before adding glaze. Enjoy! These cherry pie bars are a super easy way to serve “pie” to a crowd!
If you are looking for another yummy summer bar recipe, check out my Amazing S’mores Bars!