Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread puts a yummy twist on a classic banana bread! A perfectly moist banana bread swirled with a sweet cinnamon sugar mixture!
- 2 C. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 C. butter, softened
- ¾ C. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅓ C. buttermilk
For cinnamon swirl:
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- Three Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
How to make Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread:
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or with a hand mixer, mash bananas. This is much faster and easier than using a fork!
- Add butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and buttermilk. Mix on medium speed until combined.
- Slowly mix in flour mixture a little at a time. Mix well, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Stir together melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Spread ¼ of the batter in the bottom of a greased loaf pan. Dollop ¼ of the cinnamon mixture on top of the batter and swirl with a butter knife. Next, spread ⅓ of the remaining batter evenly over the first layer. Swirl ⅓ of the remaining cinnamon mixture throughout batter. Now, spread ½ the remaining batter over the second layer. Swirl ½ remaining cinnamon mixture throughout that layer. Finally, spread the rest of the batter over the third layer. Dollop the rest of the cinnamon mixture on top and make large swirls throughout the entire loaf.
- Place loaf pan on a baking sheet and bake at 350℉ for 60-70 minutes. A toothpick will come out of the center clean when done. Let cinnamon swirl banana bread cool in pan for about 30 minutes before removing to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 5 days at room temperature. It also freezes well!
More yummy bread recipes!