Try The Best Buttermilk Biscuits and Homemade Sausage Gravy for a yummy Saturday morning breakfast or an easy weeknight dinner!
- ½ lb. ground sausage- my favorite is Purnell’s Old Folks Country Sausage
- ¼ C. all purpose flour
- approx. 2 C. milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown sausage.
- Once the sausage is fully cooked, sprinkle about half of the flour over the sausage and stir to fully coat. Lower heat to low.
- Add in 1 cup of milk. Stir consistently and let thicken.
- From there you will want to add flour and milk little by little until it is the consistency that you like. If it’s too thick, add milk. If it’s too runny, add flour. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve homemade sausage gravy over The Best Buttermilk Biscuits! This recipe is usually more than enough for my family of 4, but it doubles easily as well!
If you make any of the recipes from here on Just The Recipe, be sure to post a picture to Instagram and tag me @justtherecipe.blog! I’d love to see what everyone is up to in the kitchen!
Here’s more yummy breakfast recipes!