I got my 0.5qt. mini dutch oven from the Hearth & Hand collection at Target! You can find it here! It’s perfect for this Mini Dutch Oven Lava Cake!
- ½ C. quality baking chocolate, semi-sweet or dark (I use Guittard Baking Chips)
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ C. powdered sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 0.5qt. mini dutch oven
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Over low heat, melt butter and chocolate in dutch oven until smooth. Stir occasionally and be careful because the handles will get hot. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla, then mix in powdered sugar. The consistency will be pretty thick.
- Add egg and egg yolk and mix completely.
- Stir in flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Make sure everything is well combined and there are no lumps.
- Leave batter right in dutch oven and bake for exactly 18 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes, then turn dutch oven over onto a plate. Carefully lift dutch oven off of cake. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with berries, vanilla ice cream, or whipped cream! Or all 3! We love Mini Dutch Oven Lava Cake for a date night in!