This is a recipe I grew up on! It originally came from the 1965 Betty Crocker Boys and Girls Cookbook, where the recipes were Disney themed. Hence the name “Mad Hatter” Meatballs!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1½ C. graham cracker crumbs- I buy these, but you can also crush your own with a food processor
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 2 cans chicken with rice soup
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, combine ground beef, graham cracker crumbs, eggs, and seasonings. (You can also just stir it together with a spoon, but a mixer is faster!) Use a cookie scoop to make 1.5 inch meatballs.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown meatballs. Cook all the way through.
- While your meatballs are browning stir together tomato soup and chicken with rice soup in a greased 9×13 pan. Drop fully cooked meatballs into the sauce. Spoon some of the sauce over the top of the meatballs to fully coat them.
- Bake at 350℉ for 40 minutes or until bubbly in the center.
- Serve Mad Hatter Meatballs with mashed potatoes!
More yummy dinner ideas: