This breakfast braid is easy and quick to throw together with a pre-packaged dough, filled with your breakfast favorites like scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, and cheese!
- 1 pre-packaged pizza crust or pie crust -pie crust will not rise, so the braid won’t be as big and fluffy
- 2-3 C. of your favorite breakfast meat (bacon, sausage, or ham), cooked
- 5 eggs, scrambled
- 1-2 C. shredded cheese
- Onions and peppers, optional
- Roll out your dough of choice into a big rectangle (or circle if you’re using pie crust). Place on a greased baking sheet. Lightly butter down the center where you will fill with toppings. Using a pizza cutter, make cuts down the sides of your dough, about an inch thick and two inches deep.
- Add cooked meat, scrambled eggs, cheese, and veggies down the center of the dough. Tip: My daughter has an egg allergy so I leave the eggs out of the very ends.
- Start braiding by bringing the strips of dough over the center, overlapping to make a braid shape.
- Bake at 375℉ for 15-20 minutes. Pie crust will take longer, closer to 40 minutes.
If you make my breakfast braid recipe, be sure to tag me on Facebook or Instagram!
More of my yummy breakfast recipes: